Features of the Whelping Nest
- Made of medical grade material (Kydex) with an antimicrobial additive which is non-caustic towards animals and humans.
- Controlled with a user friendly digital adjustable thermostat controller.
- Digital display shows internal temperature of the unit.
- Designed oval shape is more ergonomic for the mother.
- Maintains a constant warm temperature to maintain the puppies body temperature to reduce loss of body heat and reduce the mortality of newborn puppies.
- The material is chemical resistant.
- Unit has an internal temperature limit switch to prevent any accidental overheating, set at 108 degrees f.
- The digital controller is programmed to set temperatures between 50 and 100 degrees f.
- Uses a standard 110v wall outlet.
- Heated surface area of 22” x 18” with overall dimensions of 28 ½” x 24 ½” allowing for even the larger dogs as well as other species of animals.
- The tray/nest portion is just under 2” deep to help keep pups in place with a nice texture for a little extra grip to move around.
- The material is a light gray and easy to clean and maintained.
- The unit is sealed with a strong adhesive material to prevent opening the unit and makes it water resistant.
- The whelping nest is designed to be placed in a whelping box with a cut- out template on the shipping box to ease mounting in a whelping box.
- The whelping nest has a one-year warranty for material and workmanship.
- Predrilled holes in the pan portion to secure to the whelping box.
- 5 ½” foot cord shrouded in a nylon braided loom cover to help protect the cord.